Sheraton San Diego Mission Valley San Diego, CA
Rooms - Housekeeping - Salary
Remington Hotels is one of the largest, privately held hotel management companies in the U.S. As a world class leader operating 70 + hotels (Marriott, Hilton and Starwood) and over 15,000 hotel rooms in 22 states, our Guiding Principles, key hotel drivers and our Associates contribute to Remington having been consistently recognized among many of the world’s best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results. If you are performance oriented and looking for an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, values driven company - committed to growth and a strong “promote from within” philosophy, we invite you to apply with us!
Purpose of the Position:
Effectively coordinate the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas as efficiently as possible, at the lowest possible cost, keeping the highest standards of cleanliness. Direct, manage, control and administer the operation of the housekeeping department and staff in order to obtain the highest standard of cleanliness and to meet management company and franchise standards to provide a clean well-maintained product for the guest and to meet guest needs and requests promptly and courteously.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
22. Comply with all applicable, federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc).
2. Completely train all associates in the Housekeeping Department how to efficiently perform their job duties to the best of their abilities.
3. Schedule, evaluate and direct all housekeeping personnel.
4. Review MOD log and provide prompt follow up where needed.
5. Keep “open communication” between management and associates.
6. Provide disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
7. Provide associates with the tools they need to perform their jobs.
8. Take immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Housekeeping Department.
9. Participate in the following:
a. Monthly department meetings
b. Property MOD program
c. Weekly staff meetings
d. Weekly rooms division meetings
e. Monthly housekeeping inventory of supplies
f. Aggressive Hospitality
g. Safety committee meetings
10. Efficiently inspect guest rooms and all public corridors and outlets daily to ensure that the quality assurance program is in effect.
11. Follow up to ensure that routine projects are completed (i.e., carpet shampooing, wall-washing, rotation of mattresses, etc.).
12. Write, review and approve weekly schedules on a daily basis for the entire department.
13. Direct the daily activities of laundry associates, floor supervisors, houseaides and room attendants. Make sure associates are following daily activity sheet.
14. Accurately prepare requisition orders and keep a perpetual inventory of supplies needed to perform the functions of the department.
15. Maintain an accurate record of all merchandise purchased and received to ensure proper invoicing.
16. Research and evaluate new products and methods to increase efficiency and productivity.
17. Promptly report all maintenance problems within area of responsibility. Follow up on the repairs.
18. Ensure the key issuance procedure is being followed to safeguard hotel and guest security.
19. Maintain excellent communication skills with the front office to ensure that there is coordination of their work to the daily arrival pattern.
20. Take responsibility for the hotel Lost and Found Department.
21. Accurately produce and approve budget for the Housekeeping Department in conjunction with the General Manager.
22. Accurately prepare weekly forecast concerning payroll.
23. Ensure that budgeted goals are met or exceeded.
24. Ensure all paperwork needed by Accounting and other departments for the correct assessment of monies spent daily and product control is finished correctly and turned in.
25. Interview and hire new personnel when needed.
26. Review and approve all housekeeping reviews, hires, job transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions and termination records.
27. Evaluate staff performance on a 120 day and annual basis.
28. Conduct self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the organization and hotel.
29. Learn, understand and refer to the applicable Franchise or management company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
30. Responsible for developing performance standards, procedures and rules used to ensure work habits and a safe work environment.
31. Conduct regularly scheduled training sessions on proper and safe work habits.
32. Conduct monthly formal inspections in department to identify hazards. Follow up promptly with corrective actions.
33. Accurately conduct monthly linen inventory to provide inventory levels for accounting department. Ensure adequate stocks are maintained.
1. Assist other managers when needed.
Preferred start date: Immediately